Re: [ gpsdrive ] gpsdrive: FTBFS: mapnik.cpp:33:15: error: 'mapnik::Image32' has not,

Re: [ gpsdrive ] gpsdrive: FTBFS: mapnik.cpp:33:15: error: 'mapnik::Image32' has not,

hamish-2

Francesco wrote:
> I did not check lately but it seems packages there
> are missing source which is a pity: we need to
> provide a source package in main from scratch
> currently.

I guess you mean Joerg's repo + build cluster:
  http://www.gpsdrive.de/debian/
  http://www.gpsdrive.de/build_cluster/results.shtml

official source for version 2.11 is here:
 http://www.gpsdrive.de/packages/gpsdrive-2.11.tar.gz

very slightly updated svn version I used in my
osgeo packages were built using this script & the
tarball listed within:
  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_gpsdrive.sh#L92

This package needs a little work, but is in much
(much) better shape than what's currently in the
official debian archives, and the task is made
simpler by temporarily switching off all the Mapnik
0.7 + PostGIS stuff.

fwiw the 300-500mb OpenStreetMap world coastline
packages used for Mapnik support are not uploaded
to Debian-official, but can be swapped out for the
much smaller Natural Earth global coastline shape-
files (which are licensed in the public domain and
would be nice to have as an official debian
package).  see the above osgeo script for swapping
out the filenames in the master Mapnik XML rendering
rules file.

Hamish

David Paleino wrote:
> If the problem is only Mapnik, I can give a hand
> porting it. Usually it's easy :)

thanks! the mapnik bit of the code is here:
 http://gpsdrive.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gpsdrive/trunk/src/mapnik.cpp?view=markup

the patch tracker is here:
 http://gpsdrive.sf.net/bugs

Hamish:

> > fwiw the 300-500mb OpenStreetMap world coastline
> > packages used for Mapnik support are not
> > uploaded to Debian-official, but can be swapped
> > out for the much smaller Natural Earth global
> > coastline shape-files (which are licensed
> > in the public domain and would be nice to have
> > as an official debian package).
>
> I'm already planning to package both OSM world
> coastline

note that Joerg has already done this:
  http://www.gpsdrive.de/debian/pool/wheezy/
  http://www.gpsdrive.de/debian/pool/wheezy/openstreetmap-mapnik-world-boundaries_17758_all.deb

not sure exactly where the control files for that
are, but they'll be around.

> and various Natural Earth shapefiles. They can be
> handy for TileMill too (see ITP #644767)

looks neat.

beware that not all of the Natural Earth shapefiles
are topologically clean so are mainly useful/
intended for visual rendering purposes only.
fwiw this is our current (ubuntu) solution for
demo DVD:
 http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/load_gisdata.sh#L55

Hamish