[ gpsdrive ] OS X and dependencies from Homebrew

[ gpsdrive ] OS X and dependencies from Homebrew

Seth Just
Hi,
I'm trying to get 2.11 to build on Snow Leopard with dependencies
installed from Homebrew [http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/]. I got cmake
to run without issues using:

cmake -DGTK2_ATK_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
-DGTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0
-DGTK2_GLIB_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
-DGTK2_PANGO_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
-DGTK2_CAIRO_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/cairo/1.10.2/include
-DGTK2_GDKCONFIG_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0 -DWITH_FRIENDSD=OFF
-DWITH_KISMET=OFF -DWITH_MAPNIK=OFF -DWITH_POSTGIS=OFF -DWITH_SPEECH=OFF ..

However, when I run `make`, I get an absurd number of errors
[http://paste2.org/p/1515597]. Is it a problem with my dependencies, or
is there something else going on? I have no idea where to start with this.
--
Seth Just

Current meatspace coordinates, hot from the GPS receiver card in my laptop:

41.750 N latitude, 111.803 W longitude

Nearest geographical feature: Logan Canyon, Utah, United States

Re: [ gpsdrive ] OS X and dependencies from Homebrew

Bugzilla from kripton@kripserver.net
Hi Seth,

Am 12.07.2011 07:45, schrieb Seth Just:
> However, when I run `make`, I get an absurd number of errors
> [http://paste2.org/p/1515597]. Is it a problem with my dependencies, or
> is there something else going on? I have no idea where to start with this.

No matter how many errors you get, try to solve them in order. The first
error tells you:
"error: gmodule.h: No such file or directory"
So it seems like a dependency-problem (file not installed at all) or
directory-problem (file is installed but cannot be found by the compiler
since it is in a path where it is not searched for).

The mentioned file belongs to the package "glib". So check wether you
got that one installed in the correct paths and wether you can find that
file. If so, you'll have to change your cmake-options. If the file is
not where it should be, try re-installing glib from ground up.

Best regards,
        Jannis Achstetter

On 7/12/11 3:03 AM, Jannis Achstetter wrote:
> The mentioned file belongs to the package "glib". So check wether
> you got that one installed in the correct paths and wether you can
> find that file. If so, you'll have to change your cmake-options. If
> the file is not where it should be, try re-installing glib from
> ground up.

Thanks! I managed to get it all nearly working by first commenting out
the "crypt" lines from src/CMakeLists.txt; along the lines of the patch
here:
[http://lists.gpsdrivers.org/mailman/htdig/gpsdrive/2010-March/002452.html]

I then used:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug\
  -DWITH_FRIENDSD=OFF\
  -DWITH_KISMET=OFF\
  -DWITH_MAPNIK=OFF\
  -DWITH_POSTGIS=OFF\
  -DWITH_SPEECH=OFF\
  -DLIBGPS_OLD=OFF\
  -DGTK2_ATK_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/atk/2.0.0/include/atk-1.0\
  -DGTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include\
  -DGTK2_GLIB_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include/glib-2.0\
 -DGTK2_PANGO_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/pango/1.28.4/include/pango-1.0\
  -DGTK2_CAIRO_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/cairo/1.10.2/include/cairo\
 -DGTK2_GDKCONFIG_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/gtk+/2.24.4/lib/gtk-2.0/include\
  -DGTK2_GTK_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib\
 -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-I/usr/local/Cellar/gdk-pixbuf/2.22.1/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0"\
  -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS="-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0.0 -lpango-1.0.0
- -lgobject-2.0.0 -L/usr/local/Cellar/gettext/0.18.1.1/lib -lintl"\
  -DMSGFMT_EXECUTABLE=/usr/local/Cellar/gettext/0.18.1.1/bin/msgfmt\
  ..

To get the build to work I needed to downgrade gpsd to 2.95 (which was
easy).

Other than the issue with the invalid linker flag the build system works
quite well -- some of the dependencies in /usr/local/Cellar aren't
symlinked into standard directories for various reasons that are
explained by Homebrew, and so it's not expected that CMake would find them.

However, when I run gpsdrive the window comes up, the map image
flickers, and then it crashes with a segfault:

$ ./src/gpsdrive
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-iU6GXZ/org.x:0".
netlib_connectsock() returns socket on fd 6
Connection to GPS Daemon on 127.0.0.1:2947 established.
DB: Using waypoints from local user file.
Read 528 POI-Types from geoinfo.db
xsize=1280  ysize=1024  geometry=[]

Key: havenocrypt,id: nocrypt6388614548368832641 Zu bytes, time: 26
Segmentation fault

I've attached a crashlog -- it shows that the crash happens at
lat2radius + 305 (gpsmisc.c:107). This is the case every time I've tried
running it. I've tried changing build settings, but haven't been able to
get a working configuration that doesn't result in a crashing
executable. I can't figure out if this is a bug in the program or is
somehow related to linking against something incorrectly.

Thanks!

- --
Seth Just

Current meatspace coordinates, hot from the GPS receiver card in my laptop:

41.750 N latitude, 111.805 W longitude

Nearest geographical feature: Logan Canyon, Utah, United States

gpsdrive_2011-07-12-154622_dawkins.crash (28K) Download Attachment

Re: [ gpsdrive ] OS X and dependencies from Homebrew

Seth Just

Re: [ gpsdrive ] OS X and dependencies from Homebrew

Seth Just

gdal_slice_v1.py (4K) Download Attachment