[ gpsdrive ] gpsdrive openstreetmap

patrick.2

 Hi,

 i try to use gpsdrive , it fix the position, but when i try to
 download maps, opetion => map => download => openstreetmap cycle map
 => download , nothing happend .
 any idea ? thanks .

--
Patrick.
Envoyé depuis le monde Libre, par un Pc sous PcLinuxOs.

Re: [ gpsdrive ] gpsdrive openstreetmap

hamish-2
patrick.2 wrote:
>  i try to use gpsdrive , it fix the position, but when i
> try to download maps, opetion => map => download =>
> openstreetmap cycle map => download , nothing happend .
>  any idea ? thanks .

maybe there is no tile data there?
in a web browser go to www.osm.org and in the top right click
on the blue OpenLayers "(+" to open the layer menu, and choose
cyclemap. have a look at the area you are trying to download,
is there any map data there? cyclemap often has much less coverage
than the main OpenStreetMap renderers.

be careful if it downloaded a bunch of empty tiles, you may need
to clean up broken entries in ~/.gpsdrive/map_koord.txt by hand.
it is not very good about checking if the resulting tiles actually
contain images and not error text from the download server.

Hamish

Re: [ gpsdrive ] gpsdrive openstreetmap

patrick.2
Le Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:10:51 -0800 (PST),
Hamish <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> maybe there is no tile data there?
> in a web browser go to www.osm.org and in the top right click
> on the blue OpenLayers "(+" to open the layer menu, and choose
> cyclemap. have a look at the area you are trying to download,
> is there any map data there? cyclemap often has much less coverage
> than the main OpenStreetMap renderers.
>
> be careful if it downloaded a bunch of empty tiles, you may need
> to clean up broken entries in ~/.gpsdrive/map_koord.txt by hand.
> it is not very good about checking if the resulting tiles actually
> contain images and not error text from the download server.
>

> Hamish

Hi Hamish,

Thanks for replay.
i don't understand nothing :p

mapskoord.txt =>  openstreetmap_cycle/17/45/1/map_17_45.114_0.637.png
45.11410000 0.63695000 2375

and : http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=45.1141&mlon=0.63695&zoom=15

i clean the folder and file and go
to /home/patrick/.gpsdrive/maps/openstreetmap_cycle/17/45/1
i have an white file :(

if you have any idea ? thanks.

Hamish <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> (+" to open the layer menu, and choose
> cyclemap. have a look at the area you are trying to download,
> is there any map data there?

nothing :)

Hamish <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> cyclemap often has much less coverage
> than the main OpenStreetMap renderers.

it's strange, on osm now i have rendering with cyclemap ...

Hamish a écrit :
> > cyclemap often has much less coverage
> > than the main OpenStreetMap renderers.

that is not just spatially, at different zoom levels
too.

Patrick:
> mapskoord.txt => openstreetmap_cycle/17/45/1/map_17_45.114_0.637.png
> 45.11410000 0.63695000 2375
>
> and : http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=45.1141&mlon=0.63695&zoom=15
>
> i clean the folder and file and go to
> /home/patrick/.gpsdrive/maps/openstreetmap_cycle/17/45/1
> i have an white file :(
> it's strange, on osm now i have rendering with
> cyclemap ...

notice that from the osm.org website, with the
cyclemap tiles selected, the furthest you can
zoom in is level 15.

but the path to the downloaded blank file you have
it is zoom level 17. can you download tiles at a
more coarse map scale level? (good to preview it
in the web browser before trying)

I don't think we can do much about what data is
available from the OSM servers, but what we could
do better is find a way to check if the downloaded
image is actually an image and not an error file,
or if it is a blank image test if it is all white
or all black. (hmm, what if for a large area like
a glacier all-white is valid?)
for images that download with a "no data" watermarks
or (c) OSM contributers burnt onto it I can't think
of a way to automatically test for.

Hamish

Re: [ gpsdrive ] gpsdrive openstreetmap

patrick.2
Le Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:52:29 -0800 (PST),
Hamish <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> notice that from the osm.org website, with the
> cyclemap tiles selected, the furthest you can
> zoom in is level 15.
>
> but the path to the downloaded blank file you have
> it is zoom level 17. can you download tiles at a
> more coarse map scale level? (good to preview it
> in the web browser before trying)

ok, i try with this :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.1141&lon=0.637&zoom=12&layers=C
( level 12 )

and i have an white png file
( /home/patrick/.gpsdrive/maps/openstreetmap_cycle/12/45/1 )

openstreetmap_cycle/12/45/1/map_12_45.114_0.637.png 45.11398333
0.63691667 76002

patrick.2 wrote:
> ok, i try with this :
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.1141&lon=0.637&zoom=12&layers=C
> ( level 12 )
>
> and i have an white png file
> ( /home/patrick/.gpsdrive/maps/openstreetmap_cycle/12/45/1 )
>
> openstreetmap_cycle/12
45/1/map_12_45.114_0.637.png 45.11398333 0.63691667 76002

hmmm, perhaps try the gpsfetchmap.pl script which
is included with the gpsdrive install?

Hamish